Mbaasem Foundation announces Writing Contest for Girls. The contest is open to all female students currently enrolled in Senior High Schools in Ghana. The stories submitted must be original and unpublished between 750 words to 2,000 words.
This is the second time Mbaasem Foundation is running this kind of competition, with plans to organize more in the future. The contest is funded by the US Embassy Ghana and The Royal Bank, Ghana.
As part of Mbaasem’s commitment to promote literacy, reading and writing especially among children and the youth, there will be a special prize for schools identified to be actively supporting and promoting reading and writing.
The winner, 2nd place and 3rd place will get a cash prize of GHs 1,000, GHs 700 and GHs 400 respectively. There will also be an opportunity to attend a writing boot camp with world class writers, organized in collaboration with Golden Baobab.
• You must be currently enrolled in Senior High School
• You must be female
• The stories must be in English, original and unpublished
• Write your bio and 10 lines on what extra effort your school does to promote writing
• Do check your spelling and grammar before submitting your story
• Include your name, name of school, contact address and phone number and email address (if any).
Please submit your story via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by post to:
D T D
10/1 Regimanuel Shops,
Community 19, Lashibi
For more infomation, please call 0303 400 216 or send an email to email@example.com
Deadline for submission is January 31st, 2015.